- Paid applications can now upload Static files and Code > 1GB. Additional storage will be billed at $0.13/GB per month. Free applications will continue to be provided 1GB of storage at no charge. Free quota will apply per application.
- Thread support via com.google.appengine.api.ThreadManager is now a GA feature.
- The Conversion API will be decommissioned soon. Developers using this API will receive a warning message. Please find an alternative document conversion/OCR service.
- You can now fetch Task Queue Statistics. This allows you to fetch statistics and information about your task queue from within your application. Statistics include information such as the number of tasks in a queue, how many tasks were executed in the last minute and enforced rate. This is an experimental feature.
- Added Timezone selection widget in Admin Console Admin Logs.
- Added a warning message about caching when modifying or deleting entities in the local Datastore.
- Added a flush cache button to the SDK dev console and Admin Console.
- Attempting to update multiple entity groups in a single transaction in Datastore now throws an error suggesting to use XG transactions.
- Search API now has a string maximum length limit of 2000 characters.
- Added millisecond variants for setting start/end time on LogQuery class in Logs Reader API.
- The local Datastore now enforces the 500 character maximum key length.
- The SDK now modifies or deletes certain response headers from the application, to match the production server's behavior.
- We now allow a user with multiple google accounts the ability to create an app if they are an SMS verified user.
- A more useful error message now displays when a deployment fails due to local date/time settings being improperly set.
- Granted java.io.SerializablePermission for enableSubclassImplementation and enableSubstitution.
- Cron Descriptions may now include non-ASCII characters.
- App Config Service Delete App Version Call Count quota raised to 10,000/day.
- There are now more descriptive error messages for Datastore Admin deadline exceeded errors in stack traces.
- Replaced error code “Administrators cannot be removed right now” with a more descriptive message.
- Fixed an issue with namespace dropdown in Admin Console appearing blank even though the URL specified namespace is correct.
- Fixed an issue with public-root not working with static content in appengine-web.xml.
- Fixed an issue with SDK Datastore viewer not showing unindexed properties.
- Fixed an issue with ApiProxy.getCurrentEnvironment() not having com.google.appengine.runtime.default_version_hostname
- Fixed an issue with mail service sendToAdmins() failing when using multi-arg message constructor.
- Fixed an issue with Expires header in SDK to match production behavior.
- Fixed an issue with com.google.appengine.api.log.RequestLogs.getCombined() not populating correctly in SDK.
- Fixed an issue with runtime failing to use scope with OAuth under certain conditions.
- Fixed an issue with support for entities with large numbers of properties in Admin Console Dataviewer where previously the page would fail to render.
- Fixed an issue with multi-line string property not editing correctly in Dataviewer.
- Fixed an issue with BigDecimal losing precision after Datastore serialization.
- Fixed an issue where the local Memcache service leaked memory.
- Fixed an issue with HttpServlet.doOptions throwing SecurityException from HttpServlet.getAllDeclaredMethods
- Fixed an issue with Paging link in Datastore viewer not working with # or &
- Fixed an issue with rounding errors when cropping with the local images service.
- Fixed an issue with Dataviewer GQL stripping new lines after initial run when a user paginates results.
- Fixed an issue where keeping a file open prevented the deletion in the local Blostore service. This is a Windows only issue.
- Fixed an issue with LocalServiceTestHelper throwing Multiple Triggers error when used in task queue.
- Fixed an issue with Admin Console stack trace error reporting in appcfg.
- Fixed an issue with Datastore viewer showing incorrect result range text on first page.
- Fixed an issue with custom admin page display when logged into multiple google accounts.
- Fixed an issue with the inability to carry dynamic proxy objects in session.
- Fixed an issue with DeferredTaskServlet failing with custom context classloader.
- Fixed an issue with Admin Console Logs < 30 minutes not being available.
- Fixed an issue with apps that are using Mail API throwing “No Provider for address type rfc822” error.
- Fixed an issue with AppStats failing when enabled with Backend in SDK.
- Fixed an issue with the SDK viewer not being able to view 1000+ entities.
- Fixed an issue with Viewers being able to prohibit code downloads.
- Fixed an issue with billing applications that are disabled.
- Fixed an issue with deploying to an existing version when an app has 10 versions.
- Fixed an issue with Cron schedule failing on the 1st day of month.
- Fixed issue with gzip compression for application/plist content type.
- A note about an upcoming change: starting with the 1.7.3 release of App Engine, data statistics will report statistics on property type usage by indexes using the documented property type names ("Integer", "Key", etc, see https://developers.google.com/appengine/docs/python/datastore/stats) rather than the current property representation names ("INT64", "REFERENCE", etc, see http://goo.gl/db5dT). This will affect the Stat_PropertyType, Stat_PropertyType_Kind, Stat_PropertyType_PropertyName_Kind and their per-namespace equivalents. This will also affect the displayed "Breakdown by Property Type" under the "Datastore Statistics" in your application's console.
SdkForJavaReleaseNotes - googleappengine - Google App Engine Java SDK Release Notes - Google App Engine - Google Project Hostinghttp://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/wiki/SdkForJavaReleaseNotes