- We encourage you to try and test your application using Java 7 and the App Engine SDK. Note that Java 7 is not a supported runtime.
- Java 7 Features that we encourage you to try in dev appserver:
- Strings in switch
- Binary integral literals and underscores in number literals
- Multi-catch and more precise rethrow
- Improved type inference for generic instance creation (diamond)
- try-with-resources statement
- Simplified varargs method invocation
- Java 7 features that are NOT supported:
- All new Java 7 classes (the Google App Engine whitelist has not been updated yet)
- Method Handles
- Invoke Dynamic bytecode
- InetAddress name resolution now displays UnknownHostException instead of a runtime exception error when the host is unknown.
- Datastore Index stats now report type instead of representation-type.
- Class Loading Priority can now be granted to specific JAR files by adding class-loader-config element in appengine-web.xml file. This is an experimental feature.
- Queries with transactions are now fully checked for consistency in Remote API.
- Global Consistent Indexes are now deprecated in the Search API.
- ListResponse<Document> listDocuments(ListRequest) has been deprecated and replaced with GetResponse<Document> getRange(GetRequest) in the Search API.
- ListIndexesReponse listIndexes(ListIndexesRequest) has been deprecated and replaced with GetResponse<Index> getIndexes(GetIndexesRequest) in the Search API.
- getField(String) has been deprecated and aliased to getFields(String) in the Search API.
- AddResponse Index.add() has been deprecated and renamed to PutResponse Index.put() in the Search API.
- RemoveResponse Index.remove() has been deprecated and renamed to DeleteReponse Index.delete() in the Search API.
- Users can now change authentication options after app creation
- Fixed an issue with Channel API breaking when using urlfetch service. This issue was limited to the SDK.
- Fixed an issue with ResponseRewriterFilter not being threadsafe when using Remote API.
SdkForJavaReleaseNotes - googleappengine - Google App Engine Java SDK Release Notes - Google App Engine - Google Project Hostinghttp://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/wiki/SdkForJavaReleaseNotes
Java 7からサポートされているランタイムは未サポートとのことなので、Java 7にするのはもう少し待ったほうが良いのかなぁ。